Today, next-generation DWDM and Ethernet services are rapidly expanding as demand comes from almost every enterprise, data center, cloud and telecom service provider, scaling to terabits per second. This increase is driven by demand for cloud services bandwidth accessed via IP virtual private networks (VPNs), Ethernet services and 5G mobile backhaul transport.
Network Operators are rapidly evolving their networks to disaggregated and programmable Packet Optical technologies to improve upon the capabilities of their legacy, DWDM/SONET/TDM networks.
This migration supports the large influx of packet optical and packet-based services and software that is becoming part of every customer’s ecosystem, providing huge benefits to the network operator. However, despite these trends and benefits, mission-critical networks operators cannot, and should not, risk a negative customer experience during these migrations.
LightRiver has invested millions of dollars in comprehensive, multi-vendor, transport labs and netFLEX suite to provide real value by providing a platform for:
- Network and Services discovery
- “What-if” feasibility analysis
- Methods-of-procedure development (MOPs)
- System turn-up & performance testing
- Node insertions, migrations & cutovers
- Troubleshooting provisioning & interop issues
- “Hands-on” learning
To ensure that every precaution is taken and option considered, LightRiver uses its netFLEX® inventory discovery capability and extensive Labs to game plan migration to new vendors, technologies and services, and to ensure compatibility is achieved prior to touching a live network.
With an installed base of over $1B in deployed networking systems, and extensive experience servicing the Tier 1 Utilities, Tier 1/2/3 Competitive Communications Service Providers and Web 2.0 players, LightRiver offers network operators the proven expertise in network modernization backed by an unparalleled depth of knowledge spanning circuit- and packet-based transport technologies and systems – Layer 0 to Layer 3.
LightRiver utilizes carrier-grade best practices, dedicated facilities and leading software tools to deliver a full spectrum of outcome-based migration services for multi-vendor and multi-technology networks. This philosophy is designed to maximize the performance of your network as you modernize and automate your service delivery infrastructure.
Right-sized to our customers’ specific needs and migration requirements, the LightRiver solutions portfolio addresses a broad range of discovery, modernization and migration applications in mobile and fixed line transport network environments.
These investments in LightRiver Migration Solutions provide recognizable outcomes for our customers, by:
- Improving overall service performance while simplifying network operations, preserving legacy CAPEX investments, and expanding new revenue opportunities.
- Reducing cost and complexity by efficiently and cost-effectively integrating diverse technologies and multi-vendor network elements – reducing infrastructure: less power and space requirements.
- Optimizing migration to new technologies and platforms with a customized service and support plan tailored to your specific technical and commercial requirements.
- Minimizing time-to-deployment for new services without any unplanned impact to existing customer traffic or operational systems.
- Ensuring carrier-class service integrity and ongoing network availability with detailed MOPs and best industry practices.