In today’s world, there is an absolute need for multi-service, mission-critical networking, which includes the need to support TDM and packet services in the same network.
Packet Optical Networking changes the game for next generation IP networking by providing a universal aggregation and transport infrastructure that underlies all current and future Ethernet and IP services. Packet Optical Networking Platforms (PONP’s) are enabling service providers and mission critical optical network operators to offer unprecedented TDM-equivalent Ethernet services and the most efficient, cost-effective, and forward-looking infrastructure for critical services, wholesale and residential broadband, mobile backhaul, data center interconnect and enterprise services delivery.
LightRiver’s evolved portfolio of multi-vendor, carrier-grade, Packet Optical products, features the industry’s most widely deployed 100G+ solutions, using the leading Tier 1 technologies, to allow you to accelerate your service delivery without compromising efficiency, while future-proofing for inevitable bandwidth growth. In combination with the best in class, integrated, packet routing and switching, you can support your growing packet-based business services.
This technology is a logical evolution of discrete ROADM and MSPP-based networking that delivers large-scale deterministic Ethernet aggregation. Packet Optical Networking integrates Carrier Ethernet and SONET aggregation with ROADM-based WDM transport to deliver unprecedented infrastructure networking efficiency, eliminating unnecessary network elements and total cost.
Packet Optical Transport (POT) delivers the benefits of convergence to mission-critical networks. POT puts any combination layers 1 (optical, WDM), 2 (SONET, Ethernet) and 3 (IP, MPLS, TDM) into one box.
- WDM, including cutting-edge ROADM technologies
- Ethernet and MPLS switching support with the latest connection-oriented features
- Reliable SONET support of legacy services
- Cross-Connect between technologies to transparently support TDM to SONET migration
The result is reduced complexity and cost. PONP’s are characterized by modularity, hybrid switching fabrics, N degrees of transport and blade-based functionality.
Why Packet Optical?
- Reduced Complexity – multiple functions in one chassis reduces operational, port, power and space expenses
- Flexibility – Blade-based architecture enables layers 1, 2 and 3 in one box
- Technology Integration – a single OAM&P for end-to-end services
- TDM to Packet Migration – cross-connect fabric enables a transparent evolution
- Increased Reliability – consolidated functions eliminate points-of-failure, such as jumpers, and simplifies protection
Give us a call and speak to one of our optical experts or browse click on the links below to find out more about the premier products that we sell and integrate.