LightRiver Software is looking for a multi-talented individual to provide administration and support of netFLEX®. The netFLEX® Optical Domain Controller is an automation platform that simplifies the operation of optical networks for both small and large telecommunications companies.
This is a unique opportunity to learn about, and work with, the equipment and technology that powers the internet. netFLEX runs on a LINUX platform and is developed in a hybrid Windows/Linux software development environment. The netFLEX Systems Administrator supports both the software development and customer technical support groups.
The successful candidate will provide support and administration of the LightRiver Software development environment. This includes researching, setup and ongoing maintenance of the software development tools and development environment. In addition, the same individual will learn about the netFLEX operating environment and be able to set up, create, install, and maintain netFLEX applications in a LINUX environment for both internal users and external customers.
The same individual will work closely with the LightRiver software technical support group to assist with product installations and to trouble-shoot netFLEX server issues. The candidate will also create and maintain all the customer-related documentation for server setup and netFLEX installation.
- LINUX administration, knowledge of LINUX kernel and LINUX services. Experience managing virtual machine environments and VMware.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Good communications skills and a willing desire to help customers solve problems.
- Familiarity with managing software development environments, source code management (e.g. Git), and product build.
- Experience configuring WEB services with Apache, nginx.
- Experience with WEB security and Apache for secure authentication in multiple technologies, LDAP, SAML and others.
- Experience and familiarity with product build and Linux package management as well as packaging and deployment options (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Basic understanding of computer networking and network administration in a LINUX environment.
- Basic knowledge and skill using and creating scripts such as ksh or python.
Bachelor’s degree, or higher: Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or related.
The candidate will work with the LightRiver Software engineering team in our beautiful Bell Works office in Holmdel NJ https://bell.works/new-jersey/explore/. Occasional out-of-hours field support will be required to support customer installations and provide technical assistance for customer server issues when they arise.
Salary: $71,000 to $76,000
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org