Ciena’s Transparent PDH over Packet Transceivers enable cost-effective transport of T1/E1 streams over packet. With many network operators transforming their networks to all-packet transport, TDM over packet emerges as a key enabler to efficiently migrate legacy services to the new packet-based infrastructure. Using a single unified network for both data and TDM transport can streamline operations and reduce capital and operational expenditures.
- Provides an efficient method to transport PDH over packet in a transparent payload using either MEF8 or MPLS frame header formats
- Integrates Structure-Agnostic TDM over Packet (SAToP RFC 4553) technology into a costeffective module, reducing system and network complexity while offering lower carbon footprint to yield significant CAPEX and OPEX savings
- Operates at industrial temperature range (-40°C to 85°)
- Eliminates TDM leased-line costs
- Delivers plug-and-play operation while interoperating with other SAToP equipment, including SFPs in Ciena’s Pluggable Transceiver Family