The NOKIA (formerly Alcatel-Lucent) 1830 Photonic Service Switch (PSS) supports next-generation DWDM multiservice, multilayer P-OTN transport from access to core.
The scalable switch lets you deploy services rapidly, drives lower TCO and extends network life cycles.The 1830 PSS transforms traditional WDM into a flexible transport layer with managed agile photonics, multilayer switching and services, plus network intelligence.
The T/ROADM platform supports a wide range of applications and services such as Metro and long-haul transport, Data center interconnect, Wavelength services, Carrier Ethernet, mobile/broadband backhaul and multicast video. With 1830 PSS platforms ranging from compact access to converged Optical Transport Network (OTN)/WDM core, operators can optimize multiservice networks to meet unpredictable traffic demands.
The 1830 PSS portfolio provides terabit OTN switching and photonics capacities. The Photonic Service Engine 2 (PSE-2) enables high-performance 100G and an evolutionary path to 400G transport. Leveraging an intelligent and reliable network control through distributed GMPLS and centralized SDN control options, the 1830 PSS simplifies network management for maximum multilayer performance and efficiency.
Benefits & Features
- Minimizes TCO by leveraging a versatile platform suited for a wide range of transport applications
- Unconstrained service grooming at wavelength, port and sub-port levels
- Optical transport for any application, fiber type and reach
- Enhanced packet optical features: CDC-F wavelength routing, ODUflex, ODU4, Carrier Ethernet, 2.0-certified services, highly secure low-latency, encrypted wavelengths
- Maximizes ROI with integrated photonic, OTN and packet networking technologies
- 8.8 Tb/s at 100G with a non-disruptive path to 400G
- Service-agnostic matrix powered by a 1-Tb/s OTN chip
- Uses advanced PSE-2 super coherent wavelength modulation formats to maximize fiber utilization and prevent premature fiber exhaustion
- Uses integrated ultra-wideband CDC-F wavelength routing and OTN switching to optimize scaling of network capacity
- Traffic-specific service grooming at the most economical layer
- Integrated Packet Transport for efficient, versatile and reliable Layer 2 transport services
- Maximizes revenue opportunities by meeting unpredictable traffic dynamics with agility
- Simplified multilayer network planning, control and photonic service management using Wavelength Tracker to isolate faults before they impact SLAs
- Tiered protection and restoration resiliency levels for value-based SLAs
- CDC-F ROADM with OTN switching in a single integrated platform
- Delivers secure, low latency, and bandwidth efficient encryption for business-critical applications
The 1830 PSS platforms are optimized for a variety of network deployment environments. Each platform leverages common software, hardware, management, and control to support seamless operations across the portfolio.
The 1830-PSS 4 simplifies service delivery, speeds time to revenue, and eases bandwidth expansion in packet/OTN-based access and metro networks.
The 1830 PSS-8 and 1830 PSS-16 are optimized for multiservice metro and regional transport network applications. They support “pay as you grow” packet/OTN multiservice scale, which enables efficient delivery of multiple services while reducing network TCO.
The 1830 PSS-32 supports maximum scale for multilayer packet optical transport, including:
- CDC-F wavelength routing and photonic switching
- Large-scale 100G–500G transponder/muxponder wavelength transport
- Ultra-long-haul transport wavelength regeneration and amplification
- Download the 1830 PSS-4/8/16/32 data sheet
- The 1830 PSS-8x platform is optimized for metro aggregation switching applications in optical transport networks (OTNs). It provides the flexibility and efficiency required to support a metro evolution to higher capacity services.
- Download the 1830 PSS-8x data sheet
- The 1830 PSS-24x is optimized for core packet/OTN switching applications. It places industry-leading packet/OTN switching scale at international, national, regional, and metro core network locations.
- Download the 1830 PSS-24x data sheet
- The 1830 PSS-36 and 1830 PSS-64 provide terabit capacity and packet/OTN support.
- Download the 1830 PSS-36/64 data sheet