The Lambda Unite Multiservice Switch (MSS) is a next-generation multiservice optical switch that can be used as an ADM, terminal multiplexer, multi-ring hub, and broadband cross-connect.
Designed to meet your price and performance requirements, it can support small to large office applications in backbone and metro networks, to help you address current and future networking needs efficiently and cost-effectively.
While the Lambda Unite MSS supports your SONET/SDH standard compliant rings, it also enables you to gracefully migrate towards dynamic mesh-based networking when you’re ready. The system architecture is based on a full non-blocking duplicated switch matrix, including both 160G “metro optimized” and 320G capacities that can be upgraded while in-service. With the Lambda Unite MSS, you can start building your next-generation network today.
The Lambda Unite MSS helps provide dramatic cost savings via a flexible architecture. For instance, the system allows you to use one platform to manage SDH and SONET traffic while quickly enabling services such as Gigabit Ethernet, to help generate new revenue opportunities. The product’s comprehensive set of standards compliant ring capabilities greatly reduces the need for costly additional cross-connects and multiplexing systems, further reducing your initial and ongoing equipment costs.
The versatility of the Lambda Unite MSS meets a number of your critical networking needs including:
- Multi-ring ADM
- Global backbone feeder
- Regional/metro core hub
- Broadband cross-connect
- Ethernet switch
Flexibility, Scalability, and Capacity
- Centralized non-blocking switch, with 160 Gbps “metro-optimized” and 320 Gbps capacity options
- In-service capacity upgrades
- Innovative highly flexible “any card in any slot” architecture is simple to engineer and manage
- Expansion port modules may be inserted and provisioned in-service
- SONET product design simplifies global networks
- Interface range from OC-3 to OC-768 and Gigabit Ethernet
- Direct and passive dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) optical systems support
- Gigabit Ethernet transport (including layer 2 functionality) and other new services
- Provides up to 640 Gbps per bay switch capacity to accommodate network growth
- End-to-end point and click provisioning with NOKIA (formerly Alcatel-Lucent) Navis® Optical Management System