The WaveReady™ 3500 shelf accommodates up to 13 WaveReady 3000 series modules in slots 1 to 13 and a communications module in slot “C.” The DenseMount Shelf is configured for installation in standard 19- and 23-inch telecommunication racks.
The WaveReady 3500 shelf supports a broad range of 3000 series modules, including Wideband, CWDM and DWDM optical transponders, optical regenerators and Erbium doped fiber amplifiers (EDFA).
The WaveReady 3500 shelf provides power, monitoring, and configuration through the backplane for each 3000 series module and the optional communications module.
External interfaces on the backplane include a standard five-position terminal block, a 50-pin Amp-Champ connector for aggregated Major Alarm and Minor Alarm relays, one sensor input for each module (14 in all), and an RJ-45 Ethernet connector. The optical communications module also has a DB-9/RS-232 port on the front panel.
- Easy installation
- Deployable in central or remote locations
- Low profile – only 5 U (8.75 in)
- Easy front access to fiber connectors and fiber management
- Easy rear access to power distribution, alarms, and Ethernet interface for remote module management
- Convection cooling: no fans required
- Optional communications module
- Mounting shelf for WaveReady 3000 series modules
- NEBS Level 3 compliant
- UL 60950 Third Edition
- CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-00 Third Edition