Reinventing Edge Routing
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers transform the service provider and enterprise network edge by delivering industry-leading performance, instant-on service capabilities, and high availability in a compact form factor.
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers deliver:
- Highly secure, high-performance, and integrated software-enabled services
- A new price class for high-performance edge routers
- High resiliency with convenient and cost-saving, in-service software upgrades
- Software redundancy on nonredundant hardware
For service providers, the Cisco ASR 1000 Series facilitates more flexible, efficient, and cost-effective delivery of complex consumer and business services. And for enterprises, it delivers a highly reliable, high-performance WAN edge solution where information, communication, collaboration, and commerce converge.
All ASR 1000 Series models use the innovative and powerful Cisco QuantumFlow Processor, which provides a huge leap in performance and resiliency for network processors. This processor helps enable advanced services to operate at high speeds without the need for additional hardware or blades.
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series includes Cisco IOS XE Software, a flexible OS designed to provide modular packaging, feature velocity, and powerful resiliency. The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers are equipped with:
- Separation of the control and data planes
- Software redundancy on the Cisco ASR 1001, 1002, 1002-X, and 1004 Routers
- Hardware redundancy on the Cisco ASR 1006, 1006-X, 1009-X, and 1013 Routers
- Modular Cisco IOS XE Software to facilitate In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)
- Scalable services embedded in the Cisco QuantumFlow Processor at wire speeds from 2.5 Gbps to 200 Gbps