Ciena D-NFVI Software is a complete, modular solution specifically optimized for the Distributed NFV environment.
Addressing NFV challenges
Virtualized functions offer new and innovative ways to add value to networks, but early implementations have presented security, lifecycle orchestration, vendor lock-in, and cost challenges for operators and enterprises. Ciena D-NFVI Software is purpose-built to address deployment issues related to the distributed NFV use case, providing flexibility in deployment for today’s critical VNFs and allowing for rapid implementation of the latest advances in networking technologies.
- Increases revenues by offering new services addressing changing user demands
- Allows rapid deployment of applications, dynamically activating or de-activating instances as required by user demand
- Lowers costs via the reduction/elimination of dedicated function hardware and associated ongoing maintenance tasks
- Leverages low cost off-the-shelf x86-based hardware while not sacrificing performance or reliability
- Avoids manually-intense, error-prone operational processes as well as costly truck rolls
- Eliminates vendor lock-in via a truly open architecture allowing best-in-breed technology adoption
Give us a call and speak to one of our next generation transport technology experts or browse more links to find out more about the premier products that we sell and integrate.