If you’re a network operator trying to manage bandwidth-intensive applications—like connecting data centers, modernizing MSO access networks, or building out 4G/5G wireless infrastructures—your network must be ready to adapt to changes. You need to get more out of your photonic line system. More scale. More density. More programmability. All while taking up less space.
The 6500 Reconfigurable Line System (RLS) is a compact, simple-to-deploy, photonic layer solution that improves scalability, reduces footprint, and offers more flexibility and programmability. It provides highly dense ROADM and amplifier configurations so you can quickly react to unpredictable traffic requirements by scaling nodal connectivity and wavelength add/drop capacity. And with the 6500 RLS, increasing fiber capacity with the L-band is just as easy as lighting the C-band—you get double the capacity with no surprises and no impact to existing C-band traffic.
6500 RLS network applications
Long-haul Data Center Interconnect (DCI)
- Provides massive scale for the largest DCI deployments with optimized C&L-band architecture
- Enables the best long-haul performance with Raman amplification
- Is highly programmable with open APIs for network automation and simple OSS integration
- Provides a simple deployment and operational model to ease installation and accelerate deployment velocity
- Reduces footprint with highly dense, compact form-factors, providing scalability for small or large sites
MSO metro/access network modernization
- Simplifies the transition to optical networking closer to the network edge
- Enables massive scale to support a large quantity of add/drop wavelengths
- Reduces footprint at hub and headend locations
Double fiber capacity with simple, hitless expansion to L-band
- Integrated C&L-band amplifiers eliminate the need for amplifier upgrade site visits
- Built-in ASE noise loading provides stable, optimal performance without impacting existing in-service C-band traffic
- No additional planning or engineering required for L-band
- Efficiently scales to meet the highest capacity network requirements with an optimized ultra-dense design
- Reduces footprint by as much as 70 percent, compared to traditional chassis-based systems, with its modular and compact form factor
- Eases deployment and operations with Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP), network auto-discovery, and full network visibility for simplified troubleshooting
- Provides openness and programmability with a full suite of open APIs and a microservices-based software architecture
- Unlocks double the fiber capacity with optimized C&L-band architecture
Give us a call and speak to one of our next generation transport technology experts or browse more links to find out more about the premier products that we sell and integrate.