Ciena’s 4200 Family makes convergence practical, profitable and easy to implement. Deployable from the customer premises to the metro/regional core, the 4200 is the only WDM transport platform that offers on-demand programmability and support for any service, any time, anywhere. Enhanced OTN technology right-sizes capacity to support multiple services on a single wavelength for greater transport efficiency, while our FlexiPort technology allows you to update your service mix dynamically.
What’s more, the 4200 can help eliminate the guesswork that comes with planning your network by combining sub-wavelength grooming with ROADM technology to rapidly deliver services and bandwidth to any part of the network.
Boasting years of coherent deployment experience, 40G/100G solutions equipped with WaveLogicTM Coherent Optical Processors scale the capacity and reach of existing networks with operational simplicity. The system also features electronic dispersion compensation and supports directionless and colorless ROADM functionality, which combine with intelligent automation and OTN/packet switching to maximize both the bandwidth efficiency and flexibility of the overall network.
Features & Benefits
- Offers a common technology platform in multiple form factors to meet requirements of all network locations between the customer premises and metropolitan/regional core PoP
- Provides most efficient wavelength utilization based on ITU G.709 OTN technology by allowing grooming and aggregation of multiple service types on a single wavelength
- Includes support for all client interface cards in every chassis form factor to lower sparing costs and ensure seamless operation
- Allows all chassis types to operate in a network—linear, ring, or mesh—simultaneously
- Supports optional integrated CWDM and DWDM filters
- Combines optical and electrical ROADM functionality in a single node, extending ROADM benefits to subwavelength services without substantial cost penalty
Allows operators to create highly efficient service delivery transport networks by supporting an extensive array of services:
- FC (1G, 2G, 4G, and 10G)
- FICON (single and dual rate)
- ISC-2, ISC-3c, ISC-3p2
- IBM specific protocols for GDPS, including:
- External Time Reference (ETR)
- Control Link Oscillator (CLO)
- Server Time Protocol (STP)