Ciena’s Channelized SONET/SDH over Packet Transceiver enables cost-effective transport of T1/E1 or low-fill SONET/SDH streams over packet. With many network operators transforming their networks to all-packet transport, TDM over packet emerges as a key enabler to efficiently migrate legacy services to the new packet-based infrastructure. Using a single unified network for both data and TDM transport can streamline operations and reduce capital and operational expenditures.
- Integrates structure-agnostic TDM over packet (SAToP) technology into a cost-effective module, reducing system and network complexity while offering lower carbon footprint for significant CAPEX and OPEX savings
- Aggregates T1/E1 into channelized SAToP links and enables each T1/E1 to be processed individually to provide a high-density gateway function between TDM and Ethernet or IP/MPLS networks
- Provides a duplex fiber interface using 1310nm FP laser for 15km intermediate reach via singlemode fiber
- Operates at industrial temperature range (-40°C to 85°)
- Eliminates TDM leased-line costs
- Delivers plug-and-play operation while interoperating with other SAToP equipment, including SFPs, in Ciena’s Pluggable Transceiver Family