With the ability to scale to Terabit/s switching per slot and flexibly route wavelengths without restriction across any one of 16 directions, the programmable 6500 T-Series configurations enable service providers to efficiently distribute customizable content to their end-users and provide an
on-demand, superior customer experience.
- Addresses ultra-high capacity requirements using less hardware via converged packet, OTN, and DWDM functions in a single platform
- Provides significant power and space savings with support of 6Tb/s of capacity in less than half a rack and 12Tb/s per rack scaling to double the nodal capacity in the future
- Leverages fully non-blocking ODU0 granular switching, with ODUFlex capabilities, to quickly respond to on-demand bandwidth needs with the most efficient use of network resources
- Maximizes fiber capacity and lowers the cost of transport, leveraging the programmability of WaveLogic Ai to enable switching of >100G wavelengths
- Provides a modular photonic architecture with fully flexible wavelength routing without restrictions using Ciena’s WaveLogic Photonics with flexible grid CDC ROADM
- Enables programmability with multilayer control plane offering ease-of-management advantages as well as a wide breadth of SLA offerings