Ciena’s 6500 Packet Transport System (PTS) addresses the growing need to maintain profitable delivery of TDM services while future-proofing investments toward an all-packet network modernization.
To this day, network providers continue to add to their Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) infrastructure—an investment that is getting more expensive to run and operate. Clearly doing more of the same only increases OPEX due to expensive spares and higher maintenance, hard-to-find legacy skill sets, and manual operations.
- Exceptional DS1, DS3, E1, E3, OC-3/12/48/192, STM-1/4/16/64, and 10/100/1GbE/10GbE, 40GbE/100GbE density to address space constraints
- Preserves TDM service, no change to customer end or revenue, customer experience, and tariffs
- Launches new Packet and CE services, including MEF CE 3.0-certified for E-Tree, E-Line, E-LAN, E-Access, and E-Transit
- Features hardware-assisted packet OAM capabilities for guaranteed SLA differentiation
- Offers Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP) for rapid, secure, and errorfree turn-up of packet services
- Includes advanced packet synchronization
- Integrates line-rate Service Activation Testing capabilities
- Includes Ciena’s Blue Planet® MCP multi-layer provisioning support for end-to-end network management control and planning
- Offers flexible low-power configuration options with redundant power supply (DC) and fan modules
Give us a call and speak to one of our next generation transport technology experts or browse more links to find out more about the premier products that we sell and integrate.