As data center and end-user applications continue to proliferate, bandwidth demand continues to multiply, resulting in significant changes to the patterns, dynamics, and scale of traffic within metro networks. The 5171 is purpose-built to provide seamless MEF-compliant along with L2 and L3 services over a carrier-class, connection-oriented infrastructure for controlled and uncontrolled environments using Ethernet, MPLS-TE, MPLS-TP, and Ciena’s Adaptive IPTM. It enables 100GbE service delivery or 10GbE and 25GbE service aggregation in an energy- and footprint- efficient form factor.
- Temperature-hardened (-40C to +65C) with 10”/254mm depth for temperature-challenged or space-constrained locations
- Two flexible slots provide maximum port speeds and capacities—200G, 100G, 40G, 25G, and 10G
- 4 x 25G/10G/1G and 36 x 10G/1G fixed ports
- Hardware-assisted packet OAM scaled to deliver 100GbE services with guaranteed SLA differentiation
- Advanced QoS with Hierarchical Egress Shaping and Hierarchical Ingress Metering
- Secure Zero-Touch Provisioning (SZTP) for rapid, secure, and error-free turn-up of services
Give us a call and speak to one of our next generation transport technology experts or browse more links to find out more about the premier products that we sell and integrate.