As data center and end-user applications continue to proliferate, bandwidth demand continues to multiply, resulting in significant changes to the patterns, dynamics, and scale of traffic within metro networks. The 5170 is purpose-built to provide seamless MEF-compliant along with L2 and L3 services over a carrier-class, connection-oriented infrastructure using MPLS. It enables 100GbE service delivery or 10GbE service aggregation in an energy and footprint efficient form factor.
- Outstanding 10GbE and 100GbE density in compact form to address space constraints
- 4 x 100GbE (QSFP28) and 40 x 1/10GbE (SPF+)
- Hardware-assisted packet OAM scaled to deliver 100GbE services with guaranteed SLA differentiation
- Advanced QoS with Hierarchical Egress Shaping and Hierarchical Ingress Metering
- Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP) for rapid, secure, and error-free turn-up of packet services
- Rich suite of L2 Ethernet, MPLS, OAM, Sync, ACL, and QoS capabilities to support a broad range of applications