Ciena’s 5168 Router is purpose-built for 5G networks that converge 4G/5G fronthaul, midhaul, and backhaul (xHaul) networks onto a common, simpler infrastructure. With dense 1/10/25GbE to 100/200GbE aggregation and support for both hard network slicing (FlexEthernet) and soft network slicing (Segment Routing), the 5168 is the ideal platform to simplify and de-risk the unique 4G to 5G journeys of mobile and wholesale operators.
- Temperature-hardened (-40°C to +65°C) small form factor 1RU (11.81″/300mm)
- 18 CPRI (modes 3, 5, 7, 8) or 1/10/25GbE and 14 x 1/10/25GbE (32 ports total)
- L1/L2/L3 low latency switching
- Service isolation using FlexEthernet (FlexE)
- Carrier Ethernet, IP routing, SR-MPLS, and SRv6
- CPRI to O-RAN fronthaul including L1 offload processing
Give us a call and speak to one of our next generation transport technology experts or browse more links to find out more about the premier products that we sell and integrate.