Ciena’s 5164 Router is purpose-built for 5G networks that converge 4G/5G fronthaul, midhaul, and backhaul (xHaul) networks onto a common, simpler infrastructure. With dense 1/10/25GbE to 100/200GbE aggregation and support for both hard network slicing (FlexEthernet) and soft network slicing (Segment Routing), the 5164 is the ideal platform to simplify and de-risk the unique 4G to 5G journeys of mobile and wholesale operators.
- Temperature-hardened (-40°C to +65°C) with 9.9”/252mm depth for temperature-challenged or space-constrained locations
- 32 x 1/10/25GbE and 4 x 100/200GbE fixed ports
- L1/L2/L3 low latency switching
- Service isolation using FlexEthernet (FlexE)
- Carrier Ethernet, IP routing, SR-MPLS, and SRv6
- Hardware-assisted packet OAM scaled to deliver 25GbE services with guaranteed SLA differentiation