Ciena’s 5150 Platform is a high-density Ethernet aggregation switch that addresses the scalability and cost of the metro network to enable profitable delivery of a wide range of Ethernet services.
- High-capacity switch fabric enabling 1G to 10G Ethernet aggregation to maximize network efficiency
- Supports 48 x 100M/GbE UNI ports with SFP connectors and up to 4 x 10GbE XFP ports, through 2 option module slots each providing 2 x 10GbE ports
- Supports diverse network topologies and flexible encapsulation techniques ensuring optimal network design and end-to-end service alignment
- Provides advanced Ethernet QoS features enabling service differentiation and extensive OAM capabilities for guaranteed SLAs
- Advanced network and service synchronization via IEEE 1588v2 Precision Time Protocol and ITU-T G.8262 Synchronous Ethernet
- Offers high-density Ethernet aggregation in a 2RU ETSI form factor with dual DC or AC power supply modules for enhanced reliability