Ciena’s 5144 is a cost-effective router designed to address the requirements for higher capacity and end-to-end disaggregated IP services at the network access, supporting the 4G network evolution, 5G deployments, and next-generation business services. 5144 addresses customers’ key needs, providing greater Segment Routing label stack depth and 1/10GbE ports density in a compact 1RU form factor. The 5144 features a high-capacity 120 Gb/s switching fabric supporting 8 x 1GbE/10GbE SFP+ ports, and 20 x 100MbE/1GbE SFP ports addressing the continued demand for bandwidth and scale at the cell sites and access network.
- Offers 120 Gb/s of non-blocking switching capacity in a compact device
- Features low footprint 1RU packaging with: – 8 x 1GbE/10GbE SFP+ ports – 20 x 100MbE/1GbE SFP port
- Carrier Ethernet, IP routing and SR-MPLS
- Hardware-assisted packet OAM scaled to deliver services with guaranteed SLA differentiation
- Secure Zero-Touch Provisioning (SZTP) for rapid, secure, and error-free turn-up of services
- Built-in RFC 2544 and ITU-T Y.1564 SAT