The 5142 is a compact, high-density packet switch that delivers low TCO in the metro network, enabling profitable delivery of a wide range of synchronization-dependent services.
- Features dense, low-footprint GE aggregation in a non-blocking, wire-speed architecture with 20 100M/1GbE SFP ports and 4 1GbE/10GbE multi-rate SFP+ ports
- Offers dual AC or DC power in a high availability, temperature-hardened, 1RU packageNo. 3
- Supports Zero-Touch Provisioning to minimize OPEX and accelerate service turn-up while providing a service ‘birth certificate’ with built-in service activation testing
- Complies with MEF CE2.0 specifications for E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree, and E-Access services
- Incorporates flexible transport options, including G.8032 rings, 802.1q VLANs, 802.1ad Provider VLANs (Q-in-Q), IP/MPLS, MPLS-TP, and PBB-TE
- Includes on-board, line-rate performance benchmark testing capabilities for end-to-end SLA verification