Many service providers opt to deliver Gigabit Transport with pure transport. They have found that SONET delivery is too expensive, Ethernet over SONET (EoS) is not flexible enough and the cost and complexity of delivering native Ethernet with switches and routers does not fit their business models.
Wave Division Multiplexing (WDM) delivers Gigabit services with pure transport – it’s operationally simple and infinitely scalable.
- Networks must accommodate diverse transport and protocols
- WDM is transparent to protocol or transport carrying SONET, Ethernet, TDM and packet with equal ease
- Network equipment must be easy to operate and provision
- ROADMs are remotely provisionable and provide the flexibility to change with changing network requirements
- Networks must scale
- The capacity of the system is a multiple of wavelengths and bit rate – a 44 wavelength system can transport 440 Gbps on one fiber
CWDM, DWDM and ROADMs for Delivering Gigabit Transport Services
LightRiver integrates products from multiple vendors. Learn about some premier CDWM, DWDM and ROADM products by clicking on the links below.
- NOKIA 1830 PSS (Photonic Service Switch)
- Ciena ActivSpan 4200 Series Advanced Services Platform Family
- Ciena ActivSpan 5100/5200
- Cisco ONS 15454 SONET Multiservice Transport Platform
- Fujitsu Network Communications FLASHWAVE® 7420 DWDM Platform
- Fujitsu Network Communications FLASHWAVE® 7500 ROADM
- Infinera ATN Metro Edge Platform
- Infinera DTN Digital ROADM
- MRV Fiber Driver
- MRV LambdaDriver®