In many cases where wireless traffic is growing exponentially, the cost points for business are extremely low and traffic patterns are dynamic – outstripping the capacities and capabilities of SONET.
In this type of network, Connection-Oriented Ethernet (COE) may be the answer.
On top of that Carrier Ethernet is simple and inexpensive, making it a perfect platform for delivering the triple play.
- Network equipment must support strict SLA
- COE meets the jitter, latency and packet loss with a high QoS not available in normal Ethernet
- COE provides TDM-like resiliency and availability
- Network must meeting exploding and unpredictable bandwidth demands
- COE has a lower price point than SONET and scales to higher bandwidth
- COE provides dynamic routing and switching capabilities
Connection-Oriented Ethernet for Wireless Backhaul
LightRiver integrates products from multiple vendors. Learn about some premier Connection-Oriented Ethernet products by clicking on the links below.
- NOKIA 7210 Service Access Switch
- NOKIA 7450 Ethernet Service Switch
- NOKIA 7705 Service Aggregation Router
- Ciena CESD (Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery) Family
- Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
- Cisco Catalyst 3750ME Metro Ethernet Switch
- Cisco 7600 Series Internet Routers
- Fujitsu Network Communications FLASHWAVE® 9500
- Juniper Networks M Series Multiservice Edge Routers
- Juniper Networks MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers
- MRV OptiSwitch® 910-M & 930 Carrier Ethernet Access