2021 was an exciting year for LightRiver filled with company growth, new product developments, industry award wins and a combination of in-person but mostly virtual events. We would say the highlight of 2021 was indeed our official launch of our multi-award-winning Alien Aware Networking solution. While technically debuted in December of 2020, and we’ve been ‘embracing the alien’ for quite some time now, 2021 was the year the industry took notice!
Alien Aware Networking Award Recap
- 2021 Lightwave Innovation Reviews: Originally submitted for the SDN/NFV Technology category, Alien Aware Networking was recognized as a high-score recipient. Quite an accomplishment for a brand new solution!
- 2021 Pipeline Innovation Awards Winner: We were thrilled to be recognized as the winner in Pipeline’s esteemed awards program for innovation in ‘Customer Experience.’
- Light Reading’s Leading Lights Awards Semi-finalist: For one of the most coveted awards programs in our industry, we achieved award finalist status for Alien Aware Networking in the Outstanding Test & Measurement Vendor category.
- 2021 Fierce Telecom Award Winner: Last but certainly not least, we took home the top prize for Alien Aware Networking in the ‘Customer Engagement’ category.
Phew, now that’s an awesome list of awards, and we could not be more proud of our LightRiver team.
Aside from industry recognition for our award wins, LightRiver was covered quite nicely in top media outlets, and that list is below:
LightRiver In The News: 2021 Edition
- Aleck Gilner, SVP Cloud and Strategic Sales, pens Embracing The Alien in Telecom Ramblings.
- LightRiver’s Chief Operating Officer, Travis Ewert, and Tim Masse, Vice President Sales & Support Engineering are published in Pipeline Magazine – Intelligent Automation through Crowdsourcing + AIOps.
- Building a solid foundation for open optical networking on Light Reading.
In 2021, we also announced our partnership with Fujitsu to Upgrade Mission-Critical Network for FastTrack Communications.
2022 and Beyond
You could say we are bullish on 2022! Covid inhibited the adoption of advanced technology in many sectors, but we are already seeing an upswell of energy around disaggregated, “nextgen” network design, deploy and automate on the go. Multi-technology complex transport networks are what we are known for, and we are thankful for our work with technology products from over a dozen reputable, global manufacturers and for the work we do to provide automation and assurance for hundreds of thousands of nodes in our customers’ networks. So whether you call them open optical, routed optical networks, disaggregated or alien waves, LightRiver is the partner with the industry experience and relationships to help you be successful as transport networks continue to evolve.
We have scheduled an aggressive conference schedule for 2022, kicking off with Metro Connect USA next week, and look forward to seeing you all once again.
Be sure to follow LightRiver on LinkedIn and Twitter for news, updates and more!