Senior Software Developer
LightRiver Software is seeking a Senior Software Developer for an opportunity in Manalapan, NJ.
The Senior Software Developer will develop software-based solutions to achieve the objectives of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strong understanding as a C programmer in UNIX environments (HP-UX, Solaris, Linux).
• Builds and operates databases, UNIX IPC, high speed optical networking, network management, and data analytics.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Takes customer requests and doing design, development, and testing on their own.
• Leads project and is self-directed and highly motivated.
• Communicates with customers in many customer-facing assignments.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, required.
• At least 8-10 years of web and software development experience.
• Experience with network providers, data center, or telecom equipment suppliers, a plus.
• Must be familiar with DWDM, SONET, Wavelength Services. TL1 protocol. SDN, NFV
• Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
• Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business.
• Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities, as necessary.
• Strong attention to detail.
Analyzing Information, General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements