LightRiver Technologies is a growing National Multi-Vendor Next Generation Integrator of software controlled packet optical transport networks based in the San Francisco East Bay (with employees and offices across the country); we design and build the newest, highest capacity and most reliable optical transport networks in the industry for metro, state, national and global clients. Through our FBN (Factory Built Network®) process, we have pioneered the concept of building large complex networks faster, with less disruption and with higher quality than traditional deployment methods. Our clients are telecommunications network operators, Utilities, Cloud Delivery Networks, Data Center operators, Competitive Telecommunications Service Providers and state/local governments.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Optical Project Engineer. Successful candidate will be a creative and analytical individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment with an outstanding work ethic and detail orientation. Candidate must have exemplary communication skills and ability to adapt to new challenges in a growing organization.
The Optical Project Engineer is a customer facing role whose function is the end-to-end management of a variety of customer facing packet optical installation projects.
This hands-on role will support pre-sales activities like Proof of Concept demos and validation trials, provide cradle to grave technical leadership on network build projects, and will work with field technical support on customer trouble.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site and remote deployment technical expertise, bridging the gap between pre-sales and post-sales opportunities.
- Perform on-site and remote Lab and Network Factory Tour/Demo/Trial support to LightRiver customers.
- Customize the system design and documentation based on actual site and network conditions.
- Carry out the coordination of internal and 3rd party resources with attention to detail and a hands on approach.
- Maintain and improve all levels of customer care & service.
- Produce project documentation, while reporting and quality assurance.
- Provide technical assistance to management escalations for internal or customer issues.
- Work closely with all relevant LightRiver functions (Account Management, System Engineering, Project Management, Network Factory and Technical Field Service Teams).
- In-depth knowledge of WDM, OTN, Carrier Ethernet, and NMS based network architectures.
- Experience staging / deploying / testing carrier grade packet optical network systems.
- Preference to candidates with specific experience on Ciena, Infinera, and/or Nokia packet optical platforms.
- Experience enabling DCN networks.
- Experience with telecom test gear and the execution of lab cases.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with network providers, data center, or telecom equipment suppliers.
- Experience with MS Office; proficient with Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Team player with conflict resolution skills.
- High competency in problem solving and the skill to know when to escalate to management levels.
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to provide clear, structured ideas and high quality information.
- Perception created to all parties is one of competence, reliability, efficiency, authority.
- The ability to work effectively and informally with the internal cross-functional delivery teams, service partners and with the customer.
- The willingness and aptitude to become conversant with LightRiver’s value proposition, technologies and pertinent platforms.
- Ability to travel to assist customers when required.
- Bachelor degree in science / engineering or equivalent experience.
50%+ domestic travel
LightRiver offers a benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
In addition, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
LightRiver Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters should not contact LightRiver. No phone calls please.
Candidates should forward a copy of your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not all applicants will be contacted.
LightRiver Technologies designs, engineers, commissions, manages and supports next generation solutions for mission-critical clients that require the highest capacity, reliability and resiliency that today’s optical communications technology can deliver. The leader in multi-vendor, Factory Built Network® integration and Transport Network Management, LightRiver is an expert in Tier 1 Packet Optical, DWDM/ROADM, MPLS and Carrier Ethernet systems, and in successfully migrating legacy networks to the next generation. LightRiver delivers unique value across the United States with turnkey hardware and software solutions, carrier-grade quality and unparalleled customer care in multi-technology networking. For more information, please visit www.lightriver.com.