San Francisco Bay Area, CA
LightRiver Technologies is a growing National Multi-Vendor Next Generation Integrator of software controlled transport networks based in the San Francisco East Bay (with employees and offices across the country); we design and build the newest, highest capacity and most reliable optical transport networks in the industry for metro, state, national and global clients. Through our FBN (Factory Built Network®) process we have pioneered the concept of building large complex networks faster, with less disruption and with higher quality than traditional deployment methods. Our clients are telecommunications network operators, Utilities, Cloud Delivery Networks, Data Center operators, Competitive Telecommunications Service Providers and state/local governments.
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated, hands-on Director of Field and Factory Services for this newly created, highly visible position. Successful candidate will be a dynamic leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment with an outstanding work ethic and detail orientation. Candidate must have exemplary communication skills and ability to easily adapt to challenges in a growing organization.
The Director of Factory and Field Operations is a customer facing role that defines, develops and leads the high-quality execution of network service delivery strategies, especially evolving the LightRiver Factory Built Network®, and will be accountable for delivering results on a day-to-day, quarter-to-quarter, and year-to-year basis.
The ideal individual will be both visionary and pragmatic, and be able to work effectively in a matrixed environment. You will be responsible to build, mentor and manage a high performing technical team to success and to continuously enhance operations, methodologies and strategies to drive profitability and customer success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage network delivery from contract to acceptance for high capacity DWDM/OTN/CE/MPLS transport networks
- Drive constant improvement via adherence to, and development of, Best in Class processes
- Coach, mentor, motivate, supervise and elevate project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Coordinate multiple internal LightRiver technical engineering resources, 3rd party Service Partners & contractors in the delivery and installation of complex technical installations
- Lead the evaluation of business and technical requirements; reviewing and correcting project direction and approach to keep projects on track and solutions extendable and maintainable
- Hands on commitment to seeing an issue through to complete resolution
- Reviews, approves and reports plans for the expected outcomes; budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, engineering effectiveness, along with internal/external resource utilization
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans, mitigating and solving escalations with urgency and determination
- Reviews and approves FFO budgets, cost control reports, cost estimates, and manpower and facilities requirements forecasts, including proposals received from direct reports
- Ensuring that quality services are delivered with regard to the agreed SLA or MSA
- To make recommendations and design policies and rules that will reduce the costs and improve the efficiency of the services.
- Being hands on and paying high attention to detail in carrying out the coordination of all resources to deliver a total quality customer installation
Assumes other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed
Extensive network deployment experience, including implementation experience with complex, interdependent, solutions, filling positions of increasing responsibility and management of technical resources.
- 10+ years of combined operations experience, including management of multi-layered technical teams
- 4-year college degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of field force management preferred
- Transport network technology experience implementing and improving systems and processes
- Experience managing budgets in excess of $15 million
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology integration
- Demonstrated success in successfully managing the P&L and variance against budget
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proven ability to work effectively and informally with the internal cross functional delivery teams, service partners and with the customer
- High competency in problem solving and the skill to know relevant criteria and when to escalate to management levels
- Pro-active approach to avoid repetition of fulfilment issues
- Ability to travel up to 33% of the time
LightRiver offers a benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
In addition, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
LightRiver Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters should not contact LightRiver. No phone calls please.
Candidates should forward a copy of your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not all applicants will be contacted.
LightRiver Technologies designs, engineers, commissions, manages and supports next generation solutions for mission-critical clients that require the highest capacity, reliability and resiliency that today’s optical communications technology can deliver. The leader in multi-vendor, Factory Built Network® integration and Transport Network Management, LightRiver is an expert in Tier 1 Packet Optical, DWDM/ROADM, MPLS and Carrier Ethernet systems, and in successfully migrating legacy networks to the next generation. LightRiver delivers unique value across the United States with turnkey hardware and software solutions, carrier-grade quality and unparalleled customer care in multi-technology networking. For more information, please visit www.lightriver.com.