LightRiver Technologies is an optical systems integrator based in the San Francisco Bay Area (with support offices in Sarasota, FL and Boston, MA areas) specializing in the deployment of wide area networks; we build high capacity transport networks for metro, statewide and national clients. Our clients are telecommunications network operators, utilities, and state/local governments.
We are looking to add knowledgeable Optical Field Engineers to our Field Services team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This is the entry level engineering position on the field service team. In this role, the employee has responsibilities in the four (4) engineering disciplines:
• Become proficient at configuring equipment from multiple vendors
• Learn equipment installation standards & best practices
• Support customer visits and factory acceptance testing
• Support site survey & Fiber Optic Characterization deployments
• Support equipment deployments (installation, integration & testing)
• Support provisioning of customer circuits
• Provide remote technical support to other LightRiver Engineers as well as the customer
Design & Network Analysis:
• Analyze fiber data from FOC & provide remediation items to customer/validate their completion
• Audit/edit design info provided by Systems/Sales engineers for accuracy/functionality
• Support documentation team in generation of Engineering Design Packages
• Perform technical audits of As-Built documentation prior to customer delivery
• Generate signal flow diagrams
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong technical skills and be able to communicate professionally both verbally and written. Must be organized and analytical. Must be prepared for some travel.
• Read, analyze, and interpret business, professional, and technical documents.
• Clearly write technical proposals, procedure manuals, testing plans, and other business correspondence
• Effectively present technical information, and respond directly to questions
• Experience developing technical presentations in MS Word and MS Power point.
• Experience and expertise working with complex spreadsheets in MS Excel
• Experience creating detailed technical drawings in MS Visio
LightRiver offers a benefits package, including:
• Paid time off
• Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits
• 401(k) retirement saving plan with a generous company match
• Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
• Opportunities to advance
In addition, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
LightRiver Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.