The NOKIA (formerly Alcatel-Lucent) 7450 Ethernet Service Switch (ESS) family of Carrier Ethernet switch routers is designed to deliver high-performance MPLS-enabled carrier Ethernet services. At the same time, it provides the ideal platform for metro Ethernet aggregation for fixed and mobile networks.
Leveraging NOKIA (formerly Alcatel-Lucent) 400 Gb/s FP3 silicon technology, the 7450 ESS integrates the scalability, resiliency and predictability of MPLS with the bandwidth economics of Ethernet to deliver enhanced business services and enable the metro aggregation of mobile, business and residential services. Available in four chassis variants, the 7450 ESS supports comprehensive Ethernet, IP (IPv4/IPv6), MPLS and Provider Backbone Bridging (PBB) networking with advanced resiliency and synchronization capabilities.
Furthermore, the 7450 ESS is Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) Carrier Ethernet (CE) 2.0 compliant, enabling the delivery of CE 2.0 certified services across all four MEF service types – E-LAN, E-Line, E-Tree and E-Access. For more details, refer to:
- Blog – MEF CE 2.0 Certified for a new generation of Carrier Ethernet
- Podcast – MEF-Certified for a new generation of Carrier Ethernet
As a member of the Service Router product portfolio, the 7450 ESS utilizes the NOKIA (formerly Alcatel-Lucent) Service Router Operating System (SR OS). It is managed by the NOKIA (formerly Alcatel-Lucent) 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM) for seamless integration into our IP/MPLS solutions.
Benefits & Features
Offers service innovation
- Advanced Carrier Ethernet business services, including all four MEF CE 2.0 service types, support SLA-based VPLS, VLL, IP VPN, and enhanced Internet services
- Feature-rich and highly robust SR OS delivers advanced H-QoS, OAM, and high availability mechanisms to differentiate services
- Leverages embedded subscriber, service and application intelligence to deliver Application Assured (AA) VPN services
- Consolidates multiple services on one common Carrier Ethernet platform
- Integration of SR OS OAM and the 5620 SAM provides advanced service assurance to simplify provisioning, troubleshooting and SLA management
- Scales performance and services concurrently without compromise
Provides investment protection
- Leveraging Service Router technology from the NOKIA (formerly Alcatel-Lucent) 7750 Service Router (SR), the 7450 ESS also supports advanced IP services. This capability helps protect investments and allows full asset utilization for existing Carrier Ethernet services while creating opportunities to expand revenues with new IP services.
Give us a call and speak to one of our next generation transport technology experts or browse more links to find out more about the premier products that we sell and integrate.