The NOKIA (formerly Alcatel-Lucent) 1830 Photonic Service Switch (PSS) supports next-generation WDM multiservice transport from access to core. The scalable switch drives lower TCO and extends network life cycles.The 1830 PSS transforms traditional WDM into a flexible transport layer with managed agile photonics, multilayer switching and services, plus network intelligence. The T/ROADM platform supports a wide range of applications and services such as Carrier Ethernet, mobile backhaul and multicast video. With 1830 PSS platforms ranging from compact access to converged Optical Transport Network (OTN)/WDM core, operators can optimize multiservice networks to meet unpredictable traffic demands.
The 1830 PSS portfolio provides terabit OTN switching and photonics capacities. The Photonic Service Engine enables high-performance 100G and an evolutionary path to 400G transport. Leveraging an intelligent control plane and integrated data, control and management planes, the 1830 PSS simplifies network management for maximum multilayer performance and efficiency.
Benefits & Features
- Minimizes TCO by leveraging a versatile platform suited for a wide range of transport applications
- Unconstrained service grooming at wavelength, port and sub-port levels
- Optical transport for any application, fiber type and reach
- Enhanced packet optical features: ODUflex, ODU4, Carrier Ethernet, encrypted wavelength
Maximizes ROI with integrated photonic, OTN and packet networking technologies
- 8.8 Tb/s at 100G with a non-disruptive path to 400G
- Service-agnostic matrix powered by a 1-Tb/s OTN chip
- Traffic-specific service grooming at the most economical layer
- Integrated Packet Transport for efficient, versatile and reliable Layer 2 transport
Maximizes revenue opportunities by meeting unpredictable traffic dynamics with agility
- Multilayer network planning, control and photonic service management using Wavelength Tracker
- Tiered resiliency levels for value-based SLAs
- CDC-F ROADM with OTN switching in a single integrated platform
Give us a call and speak to one of our next generation transport technology experts or browse more links to find out more about the premier products that we sell and integrate.