Networks that can be turned up in days, services that can be activated in minutes and a pool of bandwidth that is always available on demand for any service from 155 Mb/s to 100 Gb/s are three simple reasons why Infinera customers continue to rely on the Infinera DTN Digital ROADM.
The Infinera DTN remains the first platform in the world to combine the speed of optics with the simplicity of digital networking to deliver the world’s first WDM platform that includes a fully integrated, non-blocking, colorless, directionless and contentionless Reconfigurable Optical Add/Drop Multiplexer (ROADM).
Designed with Infinera’s large scale Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) and an integrated OTN switch, the Infinera DTN converts the network capacity into a pool of resources that can be tapped on demand. By leveraging GMPLS-based network intelligence and a plug-and-play architecture, operators can deliver any service to any customer on demand.
The result is reduced capital expenditure (CapEx) and operational expenditure (OpEx) and increased service velocity.
- Transmission scalability up to 6.4 Tb/s per fiber
- 800 Gb/s of add/drop capacity in a single bay
- Built-in bandwidth virtualization automatically optimizes your network
- Any service including SONET/SDH, OTN, Ethernet, video and SAN services at every node
- Support for terminal, 2-way, 3-way and 4-way junction sites
- Programmable coherent 40 Gb/s waves with FlexCoherent modulation
- GMPLS-based network intelligence
- Photonic integrated circuits (PICs)
- Separation of line and tributary interfaces
- Fewer field-replaceable units
The Infinera DTN Digital ROADM enables valuable transport networking features, including integrated ODU1 (2.5 Gb/s) granularity digital switching and grooming for efficient and flexible bandwidth utilization, full digital performance monitoring, integrated digital service protection, and end-to-end service provisioning. It supports 800 Gb/s of DWDM capacity (80 channels, 10 Gb/s each) in a bay, or 400 Gb/s (40 channels, 10 Gb/s each) in a 20RU rack. It can also support multi-chassis configurations across several racks to support multi-way junctions and to create a multi-fiber direction, multi-terabit transport system that’s managed as a single network element.
Give us a call and speak to one of our next generation transport technology experts or browse more links to find out more about the premier products that we sell and integrate.