Infinera Cloud Xpress 2, providing data center interconnect (DCI) operators 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) services with unmatched scale, simplicity, security and efficiency. The Cloud Xpress 2 has already been deployed in major internet content provider (ICP) networks.
The Cloud Xpress 2 is the first platform deployed in live networks featuring the Infinera Infinite Capacity Engine (ICE4), powered by Infinera’s innovative FlexCoherent® Processor and fourth-generation photonic integrated circuit (PIC). The Cloud Xpress 2 is now generally available for a broad range of customers to benefit from its industry-leading capabilities:
- Simple, open, automated. Like all models in the Cloud Xpress Family, the Cloud Xpress 2 is designed for plug-and-play installation with simplified provisioning and support for data center automation using open software-defined networking (SDN) application programming interfaces (APIs), zero-touch provisioning (ZTP) and streaming telemetry.
- Plug-and-play capacity-reach. The Cloud Xpress 2 is based on ICE4, which incorporates Infinera’s unique PIC technology to deliver a 1.2 terabits per second (Tb/s) super-channel output. Also, offering extended reach without external amplification, the Cloud Xpress 2 delivers the highest plug-and-play capacity-reach of any compact DCI platform, simplifying system design, deployment and operations.
- High density and low power. With 1.2 Tb/s of line-side capacity in a single rack unit, and very high power-efficiency, the Cloud Xpress 2 is designed to fit easily into space and power-constrained data center environments.
- Instant Bandwidth. The Cloud Xpress 2 incorporates Infinera’s unique Instant Bandwidth technology, the industry’s only software defined capacity (SDC) solution, allowing customers to software-activate line-side bandwidth in 100 Gb/s increments as and when needed in minutes, aligning with their bandwidth demands.
- Built-in encryption support. The Cloud Xpress 2 supports built-in hardware-based data encryption employing advanced industry standards and enabling 100 percent encryption of data transmitted between data centers. Built-in encryption support is an increasingly critical requirement for many DCI operators.
The Cloud Xpress 2 builds on the success of the market-leading Cloud Xpress Family. According to industry analysts, from its introduction in 2014 through the end of 2016, Cloud Xpress revenue was more than double the rest of the compact purpose-built DCI market combined.
The Infinera Cloud Xpress Family delivers cloud-optimized metro wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM) solutions to cloud service providers, ICPs, internet exchange (IX) service providers, enterprise network operators and other large-scale data center operators. The Cloud Xpress Family offers customers the choice of 10 GbE, 40 GbE and 100 GbE client interfaces to meet their specific requirements.
Give us a call and speak to one of our next generation transport technology experts or browse more links to find out more about the premier products that we sell and integrate.