The FLASHWAVE 4100 ES Micro Packet Optical Networking Platform (Packet ONP) is ideal for Ethernet and TDM access service delivery and aggregation over networks up to 10 Gbps. For high concentrations of DS1, DS3, SONET or Ethernet services over OC-3/12/48/192, or when footprint is at a premium, the FLASHWAVE 4100 ES Micro Packet ONP is a compact, modular solution using a 2RU chassis. This system can operate as a standalone UPSR network element or terminal SONET shelf.
When configured in conjunction with another FLASHWAVE 4000 series MSPP or FLASHWAVE 7000 series Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) element, its high density and small footprint improves slot cost-to-value capacity. The platform is also deployed to enable another Packet ONP, such as the FLASHWAVE 9500 system, to address legacy TDM services at the network edge.
The FLASHWAVE 4100 ES Micro Packet ONP offers several provisioning options including:
- 10G access network using OC-192 line facility
- Smooth, economical migration from legacy SONET to next-generation packet optical networking
- Service delivery for high concentrations of Connection-Oriented Ethernet (COE), DS1, DS3, EC1, OC-3, OC-12 and OC-48 services
- Flexible COE over Ethernet and SONET resulting in long-term investment protection
- Complete solution for high-performance 2G/3G/4G 10G cell site access and aggregation deployments, mobile/business backhaul and utility telecom applications
- Environmentally hardened 2RU all industrial-grade platform with modular flexibility that cost-effectively addresses a broad range of demanding applications
Give us a call and speak to one of our next generation transport technology experts or browse more links to find out more about the premier products that we sell and integrate.